Tuesday, August 22, 2006

In the Land of Rising Sun

Over my all anxieties about flight travel and living in a new country, I reached Japan. I called my colleague(Japanese). He told me to get train from airport to TOKYO(The most expensive city in the world). I was stunned by seeing all those buildings and all. But this stunning feeling get saturated after an hour, then onwards whatever I see won't make any effect one me. My colleague assisted me and I met with my customer( I have to work for that company[man power outsourcing]). Then he and me went together to my apartment. It was a 1 bedroom apartment. In Japan these type of apartments are common.
I was in a mood of mutiple feelings like loneliness, anxiety, tension.. My customer came with me and I bought a packed food from nearby store. Customer told me to stand in queue, and he told me how to behave in that store. I was very much heard about Japanese behavior and all from my colleagues who had many visits to Japan. I had food at home. Customer had taught me how to reach office and all. I followed his instaruction and reached the office correctly. I had a good day in office.

While returning from office, I reached station where I have to get down to reach apatmnt. Actually there were two exit(guchi) for that station. Unfortunately I exited from wrong exit. I was totally confused. I dont know what to do. Common Japanese people don't know english. Anyway I walked thorugh the road. Then I went into a Japanese music shop. I asked to shop keeper showing the address of my apartmnt, how can I reach my apartment. He called his son who can speak english. His name was Yoma Mori. He directed me to my apartment. I said lots of thanks to him.. He was the first Japanese who helped me and he became my first Japanese Friend !

Me and Yoma mori san

6 comments:

Anoop G said...

When is the next parts of the story coming ?

Anonymous said...

When did you come here. Mail me or give me a call. Where exactly you are?

Muhammad Riyaz said...

When did you come here. Mail me or give me a call. Where exactly you are?

Anoop G said...

Riyaz,

binoj was in japan two years ago :)

he came and saw u at that time..

I can give his chennai number !

Binoj said...

Riyaz,
Actullay those where my old memeories of my first japanese visit. I am now in chennai only.. :-). Sorry for my bad grammer.. Blogging-il njan anoopgiyude oru sishyathvam sweekarichu thudangiyitte ullu.. :-))

Anoop G said...

binoj,
u did not come yet!